Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Empowered


This Sunday I joined Weight Watchers again. College hasn’t been very nice to me, so it’s time to take control. I give the credit to my friend Victoria—Vic for short. I texted her Saturday morning to get lunch, and she said she couldn’t because she was at the gym. I just sat there and thought that that’s where I should be. So I put on my tennis shoes and joined her.

I hoped on the elliptical next to her in the empty gym and started my 30-minute work out. Afterward, she showed me the “magicalness” of the gym that I had never found. I was a little intimidated by the weight machines to try them on my own, but Vic showed me the ones she did and we did them together.

She also showed me the scale. The dreaded enemy. The second I stepped on it, I knew it was time to do something. So the next day I joined Weight Watchers online. It’s really cool how interactive it is. You can search for food and it automatically has the points value. You can keep a chart of your weight loss and see averages and what not.

I’m really into it. I’ve never actually wanted to go to the gym. But yesterday when I couldn’t go, I honestly missed it. I’ve pretended that I like going before and kind of sneered at people who say they like it. But it is official…I enjoy going to the gym!

So I’ve already seen results already and I’m definitely making conscious choices to eat better. I like making good changes for myself and it’s nice to finally be in control. I finally understand what people mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment