Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Follow Up to WW


One of my last blog posts from February was about Weight Watchers. I am absolutely hooked. I have changed my entire lifestyle and love myself for it.
I’ve found that I’m skipping my usual afternoon nap to get to the gym. I actually want to go even after all these weeks. I’ve slowly increased my cardio workout from 30 minutes to as much as an hour. And I’ve figured out the best inspiration to go: reading. I am able to read on the elliptical, which means all those books I’ve wanted to get to can finally be got. I’ve read two books and am on my third. I only read them at the gym, so it’s my reward for going.
In addition to exercising 4 or 5 times a week, I’ve learned all the tricks to eat good in our cafeteria. This was not easy. Weight Watchers is all about planning out your meals and when and what you’re going to eat. The night before, I think of what I will have for breakfast. And during breakfast I try to plan out lunch. If I’m not prepared, I’ll overeat and make bad decisions. I’ve slowly learned the point value for my favorite foods in the cafĂ© and I know what’s a best options. I enjoy perusing the salad bar and have even tried broccoli as well for the first time!
I’ve also found that over these few weeks, my appetite has decreased. I can eat less and still be full. And I can go longer in between meals because I know the right snacks to eat. When I did this at home before freshman year, I found it almost impossible to continue at school. But now it’s almost harder to be home now and keep up with it. Funny how things change. Either way, I’ve lost 13 lbs in about 8 weeks. I’m so pumped for the summer to look good and feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment