Thursday, April 7, 2011

Looking Ahead

As the semester starts to come to an end, I’ve found out where I will be living next year. Thankfully I will be the Freshmen Wellness RA again in the same building I’m in now. I love the Wellness program and I love this building as well. But it’s weird to think that even though I’ll be doing the same thing, it’s going to be completely different.

I have grown so close to my residents and it’s so weird to think that I won’t see them on a daily basis—sometimes multiple times a day. My residents have exceeded my expectations ten fold. They are so amazing and each one of them is great. I’m so happy and lucky to be their RA. We’ve had a great year, and I hope that the next month or so is just as great. And it will be cool to see them next year and be their peer—no longer their RA. Although I’m sure they’ll always think of me as their RA.

And my staff. My staff is absolutely amazing this year. What a great first staff to be on. There is 12 of us and our Hall Director makes 13. The chemistry between us all and the way we interact is truly amazing. I hope that our connections will remain as strong next year, even though we won’t be together. Yay Irma/Dana!!

So then I can’t help but think ahead to the future. It’s going to be so different to have a new hall full of residents. Getting to know an entirely new group of people and figuring out the dynamic will be fun and nerve racking at the same time. I think it's going to be especially weird to be in the same area and building I'm in now with completely different. But meeting my new staff members the other day was a weight off my shoulders. I’m excited to get to know them better, and it will be fun to go through training as a returning RA with them.

I feel like when you’re in college, you have to constantly be thinking of your next step. It’s hard to enjoy the present when you have to think of where you’re living next year, how you’re going to move out all of your furniture and things, and what classes you need to be taking. Sometimes I need to remind myself that this is truly the best time I’ve had and I need to enjoy every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment