Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

What I love already about this blog, is that it’s a great way for friends and family to see what I’m up to or what I’m thinking about, even when we don’t talk every day.

That was a plus for me on Facebook. It’s a great way to stay in touch—without actually staying in touch.

But this is so much more personal than that. It’s more than just status updates. It’s fun and in-depth.

It took me almost 2 days to figure out what I would call my blog, and then I realized how painfully obvious the answer was…

Last November, I saw this image on Photobucket that said “follow your heart”. Here’s what inspired it all:

Since then, I knew I wanted to get this as a tattoo. I scribbled it all over every notebook, post-it, and random scratch of paper. I loved what it meant and wanted it to be a part of me forever.

At first, I wanted to put it on my wrist, but then realized I didn’t like the way it looked. So then I started playing around with a few different places, until I settled on my ankle.

Three weeks ago, I got my first tattoo and it extends all the way from my ankle down to my foot. Here’s what it looks like:

So as I was brainstorming different names and playing around with puns, I put my feet up on the couch to get more comfortable. Then I saw the words on my foot staring back at me, and I realized how silly I was that I didn’t even think about that in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment