Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where to Begin?

There’s so many different ways that I could start out this first post, but I think I’m just going to dive right into the middle of it all.


I was born and raised in Sunny California and I absolutely love where I live. When it came time to start looking about colleges, I had no expectation of going out-of-state at all.


But, when I visited a beautiful campus in Connecticut, I fell in love.


Now there’s two things you have to know about me: (1) my heart knows what it wants; and (2) I’m very stubborn. Put these two traits together and you get one stubbornly determined girl.


So needless to say, I applied to this school that is roughly 3,000 miles away from home. Before I even got the acceptance letter, I was already dreaming of which dorm I would live in and where my favorite place on the quad would be.


So once it was official, I packed up my life on the Left Coast and set out to explore the East. I followed my heart across the country and don’t regret a single thing.


My freshman year went smoothly, but at times all I wanted to do was hop on a plane and be home. And of course, now that I’m home for the summer…all I want to do is be back at school. Oh, the irony.


Anyway, what I hope to do with my blog is to write about my experiences and feelings while being away at college, to post a few tips, and to generally entertain anyone who is away from home (whether you be 3 minutes or 3,000 miles away).


Since practically everyone who’s gone away from school knows what it’s like to step out of their comfort zone and start a new life, I hope that there will be many people who feel free to comment and interact through my blog.


So here we go, and don’t forget to “follow your heart”.

No comments:

Post a Comment