Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Editor's Power

My latest article has been published today. I got a little tip from the editor-in-chief to add a little meat to my article and I went ahead and added some hard facts in there. It's nice to get constructive criticism, even though, I'll be honest, I've been known not to take it too well at times. But given in the right ways I think it's very helpful.

However, I'm a little annoyed that some editor (not sure who) changed the first sentence of my article. To me, it sounds a little snobbish to start out by saying "In my Californian opinion...". First of all, this is something I would never say. And second, I don't want everyone to hate me. Oh well, we'll see how they respond to this one.

Here's the link.

1 comment:

  1. I'd also be a bit unhappy with the editing.

    The first comment was clever (assuming it was well-intended) =)

    ReplyDelete