Friday, September 3, 2010

My First Hurricane

It turned out to be nothing at all. Just a little bit of rain, but it pretty much missed us. Kind of disappointing. I was so ready for a huge storm and lots of rain. But I was especially ready for some cooler weather.

It is so hot here! The majority of residence halls on my campus have no a/c, so we rely on the mercy of Mother Nature to keep us cool. So far, she is not cooperating. Luckily I am on the first floor. We all know that hot air rises and boy oh boy is the 3rd floor ridiculously hot!

I really wouldn’t care about that, but as an RA, we have to make rounds of our building (or in my case buildings) every 2 hours or so. Which means I have to climb up stairs to the Saharan desert.  After walking around for a bit up there, I then retreat back to my room in front of my overworking box fan.

I think it’s just starting to cool off outside, but there’s all this hot air trapped in the building soon. Man I can’t wait until fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment