Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Beginnings at an Old School

Hey everyone. So first of all, sorry for taking so long to wrap up our cross-country adventure! We did make it and I am so glad to be back at school (never thought I’d say those words!). I’d love to go back and recount all the trials and tribulations my mom and I went through to move me in—like having to rent an SUV to fit a huge 32-inch TV in, and then having 4 guys help me lift it onto my dresser—but I don’t have much time and it has been more than a week after it all happened.

So I’ll just start with what’s happening now. A lot of you have been asking to see pictures of my room, so here they are. I absolutely love my room, and I hope that everyone else does too because it’s perfect for hosting people for movie night or just to hang out. It’s huge! It definitely beats living with 3 other people in a room only double this one.








I’ve been very, very busy with Resident Assistant (RA) Training. For those of you who don’t know, an RA is someone who lives in the same hall or area of residents and is there as a resource, a mediator, and an enforcer of the school policy. That’s the job description in a nutshell, but I’ve been learning the in’s and out’s of the position for the past week. I’ve met a lot of great people and am really excited for my residents to move in on Thursday.

I’ll try to get better with posting blogs, I’ll just have to find a few minutes in each day because I really missed not writing. And oh, I have joined the craze and am now reading Eat Pray Love. I just started, but I’m already enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. What a very cool, colorful, BRIGHT, HAPPY room !! And now I can see just your mom was talking about when she shard the TV story w/ me !! LOL ~ Thanks Erica for wrapping up your road trip blog.... Do you think your mom ever will ???????????????? ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you arrived safe and sound and are happy with everything! And thanks for a wonderful chronicle of your journey across the USA!

    ReplyDelete